We are happy to announce that Promenade Dental Care will be reopening on June 1. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. But as with everything else these days, some of those routines have changed in light of COVID-19. We are no different and have put in place policies and procedures that protect your health and safety from the moment you arrive at our office until you leave with a bright smile.
The rest of this letter describes those changes. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give us a call. We are eager to see you and ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
If you had a postponed appointment or emergency care during the shutdown, we will call you to reschedule. If you already have an appointment scheduled, you will receive a call from us to confirm your appointment or offering to change your date and or time. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Additional Safety Precautions
During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions recommended by the CDC, ADA and OSHA to help protect our patients and staff. The following are some of the changes we have made to our office:
- Installed an air filtration system in the office that is efficient at removing virus and other impurities from the air
- All clinical staff members will be wearing at least N95 or equivalent respirators, full face shields and gowns
- Each operatory will be sterilized between patients using a fogger with surgical grade disinfectant to ensure every surface is thoroughly disinfected. The rest of the office will be routinely disinfected throughout the day
- All patients will rinse with a mouthwash that kills microbes and virus on contact
- Cleanings and dental procedures will done with a high volume suction that pulls any potentially virus-containing spray out of the air
- Clear plastic screens (sneeze guards) have been installed at the front desk
What To Expect At Your Appointment
Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment. We will confirm no fever with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
When you arrive for your appointment we ask that you remain in your car. Please call us and let us know you have arrived. We will check you in over the phone, ask additional COVID-19 related questions and take payment. We will not be taking cash or credit cards in the office. We will let you know when we will be ready for you to enter.
Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member. That family member will also undergo COVID-19 screening.
Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, and so forth, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Furman and the Promenade Dental Care team